In this webinar, panelists will address integrating patient-centered research into real-world studies, focusing on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), and developing systemic approaches for a more equitable research ecosystem.
Regulatory bodies and government agencies often require stakeholder engagement in drug development and clinical research studies, however, industry sponsors have been slower to adopt patient-centered research strategies into their real-world research. While there is a growing emphasis on efforts to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), key barriers to integrating patient-centered research into industry-sponsored real-world studies remain.
Panelists will explore tensions created by different core values held by stakeholders and the reasons for the somewhat fragmented and methodologically limited status quo. A framework used to transform patient-centered research from a singular method into a company-wide philosophy will be presented, along with industry examples highlighting patient-centric application, with a focus on advancing health equity. Potential solutions to support a more equitable and inclusive research ecosystem will be proposed.
Panelists are key stakeholders in industry-sponsored real-world studies focused on how patient advocates, contract research organizations (CROs), and life sciences companies can work together to bring a more systemic, DEI-focused, and integrated approach to patient-centered research.
Key Topics Include:
- Demystifying barriers and highlighting factors that facilitate the integration of patient-centered strategies into research study design, conduct, and dissemination.
- Real-world examples showcasing successful applications of patient-centric approaches in industry-sponsored studies with an emphasis on advancing health equity.
- Exploring patient-identified challenges and benefits to incorporating patients and their perspectives into real-world research.
- Identifying strategies and best practices for building a meaningful, impactful, and effective patient engagement strategy for research that centers the patient and builds trust between patients and research communities.
- Categories: Clinical Trials, Health Equity, Patient Outcomes & Engagement, Real World Evidence
- Tags: clinical research, clinical trial design, diversity, health inequity, inclusion, patient management, patient outcomes, real world evidence
Executive VP, Director
Research & Evaluation, Patient Insight Institute
Patient Advocate Foundation
Scientific Partnerships & Population Research
Johnson & Johnson Innovative Medicines