CoverMyMeds recently performed a patient survey which also heavily informed the COVID-19 & Medication Access report. In the survey, patients were asked what positive healthcare adaptations and what new features of telehealth arising from the pandemic they would like to see moving forward. In sum, patients were most in favor of seeing the following changes made permanent:
- Fewer in person visits to the doctor
- Longer prescription fills
- Virtual communication with the pharmacy
- Price-shopping tools for prescriptions
- Online access to health records
The valuable insights gleaned from this survey will serve as reference points as stakeholders continue to leverage technology and cultivate environments for better patient care, including medication access.
(Source: Miranda Gil, CoverMyMeds, September 3, 2020)