Voxzogo’s success is posing challenges for BioMarin.
Here’s what you need to know:
- BioMarin’s drug, Voxzogo, is performing better than expected, resulting in a bottleneck in the product’s fill-finish capacity.
- The product exceeded sales forecasts and became a significant growth contributor for the company.
- Voxzogo’s sales increased 229% to $113.3 million in the second quarter of 2023.
- Supply issues have limited Voxzogo’s growth, primarily caused by fill-finish capacity constraints from a third-party service.
- BioMarin expects to resolve the supply issues by 2025, with improvements starting the following year.
- Despite supply challenges, BioMarin increased its forecasted sales for Voxzogo to a range of $400 million to $440 million.
- BioMarin’s CEO predicts the company can comfortably exceed the current market consensus for Voxzogo in 2024.
To read more, click here.
[Source: Fierce Pharma, August 3rd, 2023]