This webinar will explore the value and challenges of linking administrative claims data to additional data sources in order to provide a more comprehensive look at the patient journey through a disease state. Data linkage types, techniques and best practices will be discussed.
Supplemental datasets described during the webinar will include:
- primary data collected from direct-to-patient surveys and medical chart abstraction;
- National Death Index data;
- electronic health record data; and
- clinical prior-authorization data.
The ability of each to add depth to observational study outcomes will be examined through specific examples.
After attending this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify the limitations of using only claims data for research and the value of adding the four unique supplementary datasets described;
- Appreciate the complexity of linking data sources from both technical and compliance perspectives, including requirements to protect patient privacy;
- Recognize requisite characteristics of a strong matching process; and
- Discuss or generate ideas for studies conducted with claims-linked data sources.
This webinar is open to all, members and non-members.